Harworth Group plc is pleased to announce that it has sold its eighth parcel of residential development land at Waverley in Yorkshire to Avant Homes to build a further 61 homes at the development. In addition, it will also reach practical completion on a number of directly developed units totalling 52,000 sq. ft at the end of March at the world-renowned Advanced Manufacturing Park (AMP).
Highlights – sale to Avant Homes
- Harworth has sold the eighth phase of engineered housing land at Waverley in Rotherham, South Yorkshire – totalling 4.7 acres – to Avant Homes.
- Avant Homes plan to build a range of two to four bedroomed houses with a mixture of storey heights.
- They become the fourth housebuilder at Waverley, following on from the homes built by Barratt Homes, Taylor Wimpey and Harron Homes. Over 600 homes have been built at the development over the past four years.
- Waverley is Yorkshire’s largest-ever brownfield redevelopment, with Harworth delivering a new community of 3,890 homes alongside building out further space at the world-renowned Advanced Manufacturing Park (AMP) – home to world-class institutions including the University of Sheffield, Rolls-Royce and Boeing.
Highlights – ongoing Commercial Development
- Following on from the success of the two previous phases which are all now fully let, Harworth is also close to practically completing 52,000 sq. ft of speculative space that it intends to hold and lease to growing advanced manufacturing firms. Comprising five units within two terraces, these will be practically complete at the end of this month and will provide modern industrial space in a market with only a limited supply of available stock.
- This follows McLaren’s and Boeing’s recent announcements to create new facilities close to the University of Sheffield’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre within the Sheffield-Rotherham Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District.
Commenting on these developments Owen Michaelson, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“These announcements underpin Waverley’s credentials as one of the North of England’s most successful and important brownfield redevelopments, which forms the cornerstone of the Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District.
We are delighted to welcome Avant to Waverley. Avant have a proven track record of delivering high-quality homes elsewhere in our portfolio and increasing the number of points of sale at the development matures the site – delivering further value and diversifying risk.
Nearing practical completion of speculative units at the AMP also underpins our confidence in the site as a key advanced manufacturing hub for the UK, and we look forward to welcoming new tenants into these units once complete.”